How to Get to the North Flatbush Avenue area:
to Grand Army Plaza
to 7th Avenue
to Flatbush Avenue and 7th ave
Looking for something different to do or want to go shopping? North Flatbush Avenue has:
- Some of the most beautiful old architecture in Brooklyn
- Many unusual shops and eateries to choose from
- It is a quick trip on the 2/3 or Q trains from Manhattan
- Plenty of parking including 2 parking garages a few short blocks away
- A mix of new retail stores and vintage boutiques, organic and health food stores, wines and liquors, hardware and house-wares, stationary, pet groomers,hair, nail and spa salons, carribean food, Pizzerias, and pharmacies.
- So many ethnic restaurants to choose from plus our famous Burrito Bar and Kitchen on the corner of Flatbush Avenue and Prospect Place.
- And of course there is Prospect Park, The Brooklyn Museum, The Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the Brooklyn Flea, the Green Market, Grand Army Plaza, BAM and so much more.
Transportation by subway: Take the 2/3 train to the Bergen Street stop or take the Q train to the Seventh Avenue stop. They both stop in the heart of the North Flatbush Avenue District.
Tranportation by Car: Take the Brooklyn or Manhattan Bridges to Flatbush Avenue and drive straight up Flatbush Avenue. Our district starts at Atlantic Avenue through Plaza Street and Grand Army Plaza.
The NYC Transit Authority has subway and bus maps available on-line. http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm
For more New York City sites to visit in and around our Borough, visit New York City and Company – New York City’s official tourism site. www.nycvisit.com
The MTA has complete Metro-North schedule and fare information information posted on its site. www.mta.com
The Long Island RailRoad information is available from the MTA on the web. www.mta.com
Dont forget to pick up one of the BID’s brand new Shopping and Services Guide – you can find one in any one of our stores along the avenue or call our office and we will be happy to give you one. They are FREE, give one to your friend.