Greetings North Flatbush BID Community!
As an effort to keep you informed of activities in the district, I want to share the following information:
As you might have noticed markings on the sidewalk and street beds, there is some substantial infrastructure upgrades in the works. We met with National Grid this morning and have been apprised of the following:
- Gas lines will be upgraded and replaced along the North Flatbush corridor from Dean Street to Sterling (in stages)
- We are told the bulk of this project will finish by late September and mainly occur on Saturdays during the day
- This work will affect street activities in some locations and sidewalk activities in other locations
- Permanent sidewalk and street bed repairs will happen after the utility work is done (no cost to property owner)—in the meantime, you may see asphalt patches (or other materials) or metal plates
- On Monday 7/27, Prospect Place will likely be closed to through traffic across Flatbush during the daytime, we are informed this could last until Friday 7/31
- With just a couple exceptions, there should be no gas service interruption for our member businesses, residents—if you are an affected property we will do our best to contact you with any additional information
As always, we strive to provide the most accurate up-to-date information. If you have any questions, please let us know. Please feel free to share this information with other community members.
James Dean Ellis, Executive Director
North Flatbush Busines Improvement District